MedThree collects, uses, and discloses Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Offering and providing insurance and related products and services;
- Verifying the identity and the accuracy of personal information with government agencies, industry associations, or other Insurers;
- Analyzing, assessing and underwriting risks on a prudent basis;
- Investigating and paying claims;
- Detecting and preventing fraud or other illegal activities;
- Compiling statistics;
- Complying with the laws or the requests of law enforcement agencies or regulators.
THIRD PARTY DISCLOSURE
MedThree may share information about you with third party companies, permitted by law. Such disclosures may include those that MedThree feels are required to provide customer service, prevent fraud, perform research or comply with the law. Recipients may include MedThree’s family of insurance service companies, claims representatives, service providers, consumer reporting agencies, insurance agents and brokers, law enforcement, courts and government agencies. These parties may disclose the information to others as permitted by law.
PRIVILEGE & CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE – Electronic Messages
Electronic mail or faxes and any files transmitted with them are confidential and may be privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately.
MedThree relies on the following actions by our Brokers and Companies as indication of their consent from an Insured to our existing and future Personal Information practices:
- The Broker has voluntarily requested personal information from an Insured for the purpose of acquiring an insurance contract or related service or product;
- The Broker has the Insured’s express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic application process;
- The Insured’s consent solicited by our Companies or our Brokers is for a specified purpose;
- The Broker may obtain the Insured’s consent through the Insured’s authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent or holder of a power of attorney.
- If an Insured refuses to provide the Broker with certain Personal Information or withdraws their consent MedThree may be unable to provide insurance coverage.
LIMITING COLLECTION AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
MedThree will only collect, use or disclose personal information that is necessary for the Identified Purposes or as required by law. We will retain personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the Identified Purposes. MedThree may store certain data in jurisdictions outside of Canada and may share information with third party companies that are located outside of Canada.
MedThree requests our brokers to maintain the Insured’s Personal Information as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
MedThree will protect the Insured’s Personal Information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location and storage of the Personal Information.
ACCOUNTABILITY, OPENNESS AND ACCESS
If any Broker is not satisfied with our response to a privacy related inquiry or complaint, they may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada during business hours at 1-800-282-1376 or at www.privcom.gc.ca.